Merry Christmas from the Gummermans! Hope you guys are with family and cozy under a tree this holiday. I definitely feel so lucky to have our best present ever with us this year as Lola Valentine makes everything a special occasion. I always said I wanted a baby Todd and that’s exactly what God gave us this year. Wishing you lots of love this Christmas season! Thanks for being a part of my online family, I love you all!
I love that more and more people we know are making their way into Babyland with us this year! Whether they are on their first baby like we are or are adding another number to their brood it’s been so joyful to celebrate new bundles and their Mamas lately. I was thinking that I feel way more confident now when buying a “Mom gift” than I would have last year (I would have felt so lost!) so I thought it would be fun to do a roundup of some of my top prezzies and make a new mom gift guide in case someone else needs a few ideas too…
1. Cute pajamas! As a new Mom I spent a lot of time in my pajamas that first few moths. Your clothes don’t fit right and you just want to hang around the house and try to survive! A pair of cute PJs can help a Mama feel a little more put together and that pink tie-die pair is right up my alley (although this pair would be great for the warmer months too). A button-up top means it’s also nursing friendly which is a big plus.
2. Baby photo book! This site is amazing because they can take photos right from your Instagram and send you a baby book without you having to lift a finger! You can even choose an option where it automatically makes a book out of every 60 photos you post so you can chronicle your family life automatically! Giant time saver.
3. Sweet sleeper! I always loved getting the “fun” options of things as presents. I could just have a plain sleeper, but why get a plain one when this one has sprinkles on it?!
4. Mini backpack (for diaper bag)! While I have a larger diaper bag that we use when we are heading out on a longer trek, I actually just use a mini backpack a lot of the time for short trips. It holds just the essentials but if I throw my wallet and a lipstick in there too it just becomes my purse and I only have one small bag to carry—YES!
5. Monthly Mom box! This company delivers a monthly box with natural and non-toxic items specifically curated for your month of pregnancy or age of your baby! How cool is that?!
6. Double birthstone ring! I got a thin gold band with a tiny diamond when Lola was born but this double birthstone ring is a great way to celebrate the Mama/Baby connection. My ring would have two emeralds for my May birthday baby!
7. Monthly photo blanket! With everything else that Moms do it can be a bit much to make a phrase photo board to commemorate each month (that’s what I do) so an equally cute but way easier solution is to use one of these month blankets instead!
8. Instax camera! I’ve had an Instax mini camera for several years now and I bring it out for just about every party we have—it’s so much fun! The Mini 9 comes in several fun colors and it’s super easy to use. I partnered with Fujifilm to gift one to a new Mom this month I gave the lime green one to my preggo sister at her shower so they can have fun documenting their new baby due soon. It’s the perfect item to have as people stop over to visit the baby since you can snap a pic and send them home with a momento of the sweet meeting. You can even do black and white film and colored frames as well!
9. Book club subscription! My baby registry was at least 50% books so this would have been perfect for me! They’ll have new books every month to look forward to and they can build their collection as baby grows.
10. Matching sweatshirts! I. Love. Matching!! These sweatshirts are so cute for Mom and Baby and since the smallest size is a 2T in the Baby sweatshirt this is a great gift for a belated present that you didn’t get a chance to get closer to their birth. I have stuff that Lola won’t fit into for another year, but I still have it hung in her closet because I’m excited for when it will fit! This is also a great matching set too for the pizza-lovin’ parent…
11. Lavender bath salt soak! Moms need as much relaxing as possible!! I think the only self-care thing I could manage for the first 2 months was a long epsom salt bath every couple of days and they were so refreshing for me. This one has lavender so it should be extra relaxing for sure…
12. Baby name necklace! This is actually the only thing I want for Christmas as a new Mom. Lola is always on my mind, all I talk about, and I love every little thing that reminds me of her so a name necklace sounds perfect!
13. Compression high-waist leggings! Um, postpartum belly? Yeah, these types of leggings were all I wanted to wear for several months. High-waisted with a tummy control panel? Yes please!!
So there you go! Whether you are a new Mom that could use a Christmas or birthday hint idea or you have a gal pal about to pop, hope one of these is perfect for you!
Just wanted to share a few pics of setting up the tree with Lola! It’s certainly more of an ordeal than usual to get out all the Christmas decor with a 6 month old that’s just about ready for bed, but she did like it when we turned on the tree and she spent a few moments staring at the lights and touching the branches before heading off to sleep. It looks like we are going to have our first Christmas here in Nashville this year so I’m trying to think of a few fun things for us to do as a family and add a new Gummerman Christmas tradition into our repertoire. I’ve got a few ideas but I’ll keep thinking on that one for a bit… I love her little face in this one. A bit blurry, but precious none the less.I’ve also got to get our Christmas card outfits together so we can send out for those soon. Usually we do a dressy thing, but this might be a fun year to do a cute PJ pic…I can’t decide between something cute and classic for Lola or something a bit more ridiculous. I bought an adult onesie pajama last year and it was surprisingly comfortable so I’ll definitely have to dig that out soon! We would always get new pajamas for Christmas growing up and I still love to wear a special pair on Christmas morning. Well, the tree is up! Now to actually decorate it and the rest of the house—we’ll see how many nights that takes!