I love talking about favorite Baby products with other Mamas (which is why I did a Newborn Essential List a few moths back) but I thought I’d do an updated list with of my favorite products now that we have passed the 6 month mark! Definitely have some new things added now that she’s getting older (SOB!) but this is what we are into most right now:
1. Since they don’t make the full-on versions of furry coats for a 6 month old (the smallest ones seem to start at 12 months) these puffy fleece coats are the next best thing to being able to match her to my fluffy coats! She has one just like this in grey that she wears a lot but I think she needs the pink one too now that I bought a furry pink coat this year…right??
2. Lola’s pediatrician recommended this Punkin Butt teething oil. The name is hilarious but she likes the taste of it (it makes her breath smell extra delicious too) so it’s easy to put on her gums. I just add a bit to my finger and rub in on the spots where she’s teething.
3. We have the swan version of this round play mat and we move it all around the house to give her a play spot near us. It’s great to use on the kitchen floor while cooking and I give her some measuring cups to bang on the floor to keep her busy (which she LOVES).
4. This Doona stroller/carseat combo has been a lifesaver for us as a traveling family. It made touring so much easier since we could keep it on the bus, take it in Ubers (and on the airplane as a car seat), and it pops in and out of stroller mode with the push of a button. It’s expensive but so worth it if you are a city dweller short on space that takes a lot of cabs or just do a lot of traveling.
5. We are just starting to see her try and roll a ball so this soft ball is great for some first games of “soccer” as Todd likes to pretend…
6. I actually have a couple of carriers and while my Ergo baby is my largest (doesn’t fold up as small as a ring style) it’s by far the most comfortable. She falls asleep in it so easily!
7. While we do have some warmer jackets (like that fluffy one above) Lola gets really hot in them if she’s wearing them in her carseat on longer rides so thinner jackets (with a blanket on top) are better if she won’t be outside for more than a few seconds. She has a black bomber but this gold one is AMAZING!
8. Lola loves bath time! I think she will definitely be one of those kids you can’t get out of the bath eventually but for now she loves splashing, kicking, and chewing on this natural rubber toy (she has a turtle by the same brand too).
9. It’s been so fun reading books to her while she rolls around on the floor with some toys nearby lately. We do have board books that she can be more rough with but since she wants to put everything in her mouth (and those books will start to dissolve if munched on) I think we need to get her some soft books like this that she can actually chew on for real while we read…
10. I bought her these gold high tops and they are SO CUTE! Super easy to get on her as well which is a big plus with shoes!
11. We’ve been doing headband with her for a few months but I just started to buy turbans too and she looks pretty precious in them as well. A lot of them are still too big for her head, but most of them have a main seam that you can easily take in and make them smaller. If you don’t cut the seam after you sew it, you can let it out later when their head gets bigger!
12. Since Lola wears cloth diapers (I like the BumGenuis the best) she has a bigger diaper booty than normal disposables would give her so I think she looks better when we pair regular shirts with her jeans/leggings rather than a onesie that tucks in and makes her diaper area look huge. It was really hard to find regular shirts small enough to fit her but I eventually found these organic cotton ones and they are great! A little room to grow but don’t look huge like the rest of them did.
13. It’s been a good idea to have some teething necklaces around for either me to wear when nursing (gives her something to hold while eating) or to just hand over like a toy. They are pretty easy for her to hold so that’s a plus too.
14. This Cuddle + Kind company not only make super cute dolls, but they give donate 10 meals to families in need each doll sold! I love that!! It’s so fun to see Lola actually looking at the faces of dolls and toys now and I love how her tiny hands caress their faces.
15. I’m kind of obsessed with with matching sets for her, it’s like cute pajamas that she can wear outside! Although Todd is always trying to take her out in her pajamas anyways so he doesn’t have to change her 😑
16. When we transitioned Lola out of her swaddle, I first tried zipping the arms off of her Love To Dream 50/50 swaddle but I think she liked this transitional Halo sleep sack better because there is a swaddle part that wraps around their body (under their arms) so it still has that tight swaddle feel even though their arms are out.
17. I looked at a million highchairs trying to find the right one and I eventually came across this Stokke one that’s not only pretty, but designed to be scooted right up to the table so baby can join in family meals with everyone else (which I love). You can also buy a tray if you want to use that for a little while which I did since we are doing Baby Led Weaning and it’s a pretty messy process so the tray helps. It’s a little weird though that you have to buy the high chair in several different parts, so that’s a little different. The legs and seat are sold separately from the baby set and there’s a cushion you can buy, but I skipped that since I like the plain white and it just seemed like one more thing to constantly wash. We also have a silicone food catcher bib which has been awesome so far—super helpful!
18. These silicone teethers/paci clips are so cute! I will say that my clips don’t stay on that well compared to the metal ones we have but a lot of the reviews talk about how well they stay on so maybe I just got a batch of weak clips? They are so cute that I still use them anyways.
19. Since it’s getting pretty cold out lately so I need to buy her a warm winter snowsuit/onesie and this metallic one is pretty awesome! Stylish and warm!
There you go! My favorite things 6 months into Motherhood! Let me know if there’s something that’s your favorite for this age (or for soon after!), I’d love to hear about it!